Missionary Scripture :)

My Purpose - To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end! (Preach My Gospel, Page 1)

Monday, July 20, 2015

Elder Cory Vernon is transferred to Santa Maria

July 6, 2015
Ollo  :) This week we got transfer calls and I am being transferred to serve in Santa Maria in the Itaimbé ward. My mailbox will be the same address that I had when I was in São Pedro. Also there was Irmão Alex´s baptism and confirmation. It came as a bit of a surprise because we had invited him to prepare for his baptism on the 11th, but Elder Souza Silva felt that we should invite him for this week so he did. It turned out really great and spiritual at the baptism and confirmation. It was the 4th of July so I gave Irmão Alex my little American Flag. The stake president bore his testimony at the end and remembered his own baptism. Also on Sunday after his confirmation Irmão Alex bore his testimony about the Book of Mórmon and shared a scripture that had been an answer to his prayers. I also started bidding farewell to everyone. It is sad to leave when there is a transfer, but I know that the Lord sends us where we need to be to bless his precious children.

July 13, 2015
This week I have started to get to know my new area and my new companion. His name is èlder Albuquerque and is from São Paulo and he played soccer professionally as a goalie before the mission. My new area is in the Santa Maria Stake in the Itaimbé ward, and we got a new bishop and bishopric this week so everybody is excited to work and invite everyone to come unto Christ. One cool thing in Sacrament meeting was that the stake presidente talked about John 2 in the bible and how the Lord gives us blessings that we do not recognize, that we need to do our part to receive blessings, and we need to ask the Lord for help because when we cannot do something The Savior can. We need to ask him to do stuff for us. I liked it. One of our investigators really loves the church and is super excited for her baptism. My first full day in the new area we went to her house and gave her a blessing.
Com muitos Sorrisos! :) :) :) Sincerely, Élder Vernon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment