Missionary Scripture :)

My Purpose - To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end! (Preach My Gospel, Page 1)

Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 22, 1015
I will be officially old when I turn 20 this week... :) Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! :)

This week Presidente Parrela came and interviewed us. It was cool because I was reading in 3 Nephi about how Nephi approached the lord when the savior visited the Nephites and felt the spirit strongly. I am grateful that the lord lets us know when we are doing his will and how we can always do better. President told me that my plane ride home will be on September 29th, so it looks like I will get to serve 2 years and a still little bit more.

Also this week lots of the people that we invited to come to church came. It goes to show that the lord really is doing his work and helping his restored gospel fill the earth. We found some new people to teach doing contacts and also went to the cartório to help people get married. One of the coolest things we saw as well was that some of the members were doing their home teaching visits which made us super happy (new home teaching companions and route were assigned in the ward). We also taught Irmão Nilo and Irmã Gladecir about the plan of Salvation and some of the commandments. Com muitos sorrisos! :) Atentamente, Élder Vernon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment