Missionary Scripture :)

My Purpose - To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end! (Preach My Gospel, Page 1)

Monday, August 17, 2015

We got Elder Vernon's itinerary for coming home, new companion!

Cory's mission president gave all the missionaries permission to Skype for Brazilian Father's Day which was August 9th so we got to talk to Elder Vernon and he asked his brother's and Dad who have served missions for advice for when he comes home. It was a very special visit! We felt blessed that it all worked out as we were on vacation and only had limited time to access the internet. We got Elder Vernon's itinerary for coming home too! He will be home in 6 weeks! He gets to go to the Porto Allegre temple before he comes home. Pretty AWESOME! (this note was from Tina)

Ollo,
This week was transfers. Élder Albuquerque was transferred to Alegrete but I will stay in the same ward that I am; my new companion will be Elder Muniz, and I do not know anything about him yet but will write next week.

I finished reading ´´el Libro de Mormón´´ this week. Even though I don´t speak Spanish or anything Portuguese is similar enough that I could read the whole book and more or less understand everything. I thought that is was cool and it was also neat because the English, Spanish, and Portuguese all say the same thing but with the specific words used the spirit can teach even more than just reading in one language. One example is the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy. In English its easiest for me to understand, but in Portuguese it is Saturday --because of the law of Moses-- and in Spanish it is the day of rest. So bringing together everything it gives a cool view on what the scriptures are saying.

Èlder Albuquerque also bid farewell to everybody that we were teaching together. It is neat to see how the Lord brings us into people´s lives exactly in the moments that they are prepared to receive the restored gospel or are needing help for something. It makes me super grateful for heavenly father and Our Savior.

There is an atividade in Preach my gospel to ask the family to write about the blessings of keeping a commandment in their lives. I thought it would be cool to ask the family about keeping the Sabbath day holy and the blessings that each get for living it.
Next week is stake conference.
Com muitos sorrisos! :) :) :) :)
Sincerely,
Élder Vernon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment